Tuesday, July 29, 2014 – According to the study by 11 leading dinosaur experts from the UK, US and Canada, non-avian dinosaurs were wiped out by the Chicxulub impact when they were at their most vulnerable. Included in the find… there was no evidence of a long-term decline leading up to the impact.
The full review can be found in the journal, Biological Reviews.
Follow the authors on Twitter:
- Steve Brusatte: @SteveBrusatte
- Richard Butler: @ButlerLabBham
- The Barrett Lab at London’s Natural History Museum: @NHMdinolab
- David Evans: @DavidEvans_ROM
- Graeme Lloyd: @GraemeTLloyd
- Dan Peppe: @danpeppe